I’m a great believer that you can always make positives from a bad situation. Everyday is always a learning day.
Covid19 is case in point.
Here’s what I’ve personally learnt so far;
- That I feel better with my overall wellness by not working so many hours, over a long period of time.
- That by taking more time out and focussing on myself (for a change) my wellness has increased.
- That by having more time to engage with my family, my mental health has improved. Saying that, personally though, i have also realised that I do need to balance that with time by myself.
- That it’s much easier to shorten my eating window and increase fasting time by being at home. (I have two meals only a day at 11.30 and 5.30, which means my fasting is 17-18 hours). This has evoked a regular 1 kg loss each week but more importantly body composition change.
- That my daily dog walk of 1- 1.45 hours has helped immeasurably with stress reduction, and my damaged knee. I can walk way more before pain sets in. Like 5 times more!
- That getting up at 7-7.30 am is a lot nicer on my whole body system, than the 5am from before in my normal working day. That extra time makes me feel much more ‘normal!’
- That physical work/activity, not just exercise, has great positive effects on my overall wellness.
- That improved body composition is more easily achieved when stress is lowered. I find my H.E.C. (Hunger/Energy/Cravings) are significantly more even and aligned, when overall stressors on my body system are low. That’s both physically and mentally.
- That whilst social media has been a useful ‘crutch’ during this time period in keeping in touch, that when it’s not imperative to use it, I feel better NOT being on my phone and having to check it.
- That good weather definitely lifts the spirits and makes life a lot easier in general!
- Oh, and the fact I can still make my clients breathless and sweaty even from afar!!
I wonder what what else my readers have observed too? Please share! 😊